Alright ladies, here we have it. Simple, small (yet important) beauty habits, you know, habits such as brushing and flossing, that will pay off hugely down the road. I am willing to bet there are a few you haven’t added to your routine yet.
Don’t wait! You may find a few ‘ah-has’ here that will truly help your look stay snappy!
1. Be sure you use a good magnifying mirror for applying eye makeup. It is oh-so-challenging to see what you are doing without your glasses. (I can attest to this).
2. Use a makeup primer, before your foundation, to fill in wrinkles and help to smooth out your skin. This really works.
3. Wear soft shades and a light touch of eye shadow, bringing attention to the eye, not the lid.
4. Put your eyebrows back on. Really. Bonus tip: Brow powder on top of brow pencil lasts the longest.
5. Coat your lips with foundation prior to putting lipstick on to avoid lipstick bleeding.
6. Even better: Plump up your lips by coating with foundation, lining with lip liner and then fill your lips completely with the liner pencil, like a big girl color crayon. Add your lipstick now.
7. Keep your lips moist, as dry flaky lips can age your appearance.
8. Get plenty of sleep – sleep triggers the release of hormones that help keep your skin thicker and more elastic. Doesn’t a nap sound great right now?
9. Stay well hydrated, and if you eat salt, be sure it is high quality sea salt to avoid puffiness around the eyes.
10. Gently exfoliate to remove dead dry lifeless skin and reveal fresher, brighter skin underneath.
11. Antioxidants are your friends – counter-balance the damage that free radicals create, by eating them and wearing them. A high quality topical vitamin C will counteract and minimize fine lines and wrinkle.
12. Don’t forget your hands, apply moisturizer which contains sunscreen throughout the day. Do you carry one with you?
I could go on and on; there are so many ways we can enhance our beauty and just plain feel good about ourselves as we mature.
What tips can you share with us?