When I read blogs on caring for curly and kinky hair textures, most of them have decent advice if you’re still using mainstream products. But if you’ve come to a place, like me, where using products with toxic ingredients is no longer an option, there is a lot less reliable information out there. A lot of sources that aren’t dedicated to green living don’t really know how to get past greenwashing, so they recommend brands that aren’t really what they say they are.
I’ve worn my hair in its natural state for almost twenty years now. I believe if I’m going to skip chemical straighteners and damaging flat irons, why would I put toxic products on my hair?
With this in mind, I created an ebook for women (of all nationalities with curly hair) who want to wear their hair naturally curly and learn the best all natural ways to take care of it. Some of the things covered in Natural Care for Curls & Kinks are:
- How to detox your hair when you’re first switching to natural products
- How to use essential oils and carrier oils for hair health
- What ingredients to avoid in hair products if you have allergies such as nut and gluten intolerance
- How to by-pass marketing lies on so-called natural products
- How to make quick, easy, effective hair cleansers, moisturizers and styling products from inexpensive, healthy ingredients
- Where to find truly natural hair products at affordable prices (live links included)
What isn’t covered in the book: Styling options. There are a lot of books on styling. I wanted to provide an easy guide for all the women who ask me about taking care of their hair naturally. If you’re newly natural, this is a great beginner’s guide for you. Available at Amazon.com for $3.99
I’d like to give a shout out to the lovely Michelle Connett for her great cover design.